Signing Up For Services
To sign up for services, please call our local number (843) 681-5525 or toll free at 1-888-813-2248. You also can visit our office at 21 Oak Park Drive off Mathews Drive. We are located behind Port Royal Plaza.
Please use the form below to initiate new residential or commercial service:
Please use the form below to switch service to new residents in rental properties:
Water and sewer payments can be made via cash, check, VISA or MasterCard. To view the current rate structure, please see Water Rates & Charges.
Hilton Head Public Service District, PO Box 602001, Charlotte NC 28260-2001.
Hilton Head Public Service District, 21 Oak Park Drive, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926. You may visit the payment counter or use the drive-through window during regular office hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You can have your payment drafted from your checking account. You will continue to receive a billing statement and the payment will be automatically drafted on the due date stated on the bill. Contact the District office to set up this option.
Bank Draft Form Please use this form to sign up for automatic bank draft.
Payment can be made at our drop box located next to the drive-through window at 21 Oak Park Drive. Please do not place cash in the drop box; no receipts can be issued.
Please visit the Online Payments section of our website to set up your online account.
District customers are billed monthly. The billing cycles and months associated with each cycle are as follows:
- Cycle 4 Billing Schedule: Monthly
- Cycle 5 Billing Schedule: Monthly
Any account(s) that remains unpaid 45 days past the billing date will receive a delinquency notice via door hanger and will be DISCONNECTED. A $35.00 reconnection fee will be assessed and the meter may be locked due to nonpayment. Service will be restored once the delinquent balance and fees are paid.
- All residential tenants are required to pay a $100.00 deposit upon moving into a unit. All commercial tenants are required to pay a $200.00 deposit upon moving into a unit. Service will not be put into the tenant’s name until the appropriate deposit is paid.
- Deposit payments must be in full; no partial payments will be accepted.
- Homeowners are not required to pay a deposit, however, proof of ownership is required.
- When a contractor applies for water and wastewater service for new construction, the applicable customer deposit will apply. Contractor customer deposits of $100 will be collected at the time of application. The customer deposit of $100 will be applied to the final bill upon completion of construction.
- If water has been turned off for non-payment, and we find that the tenant/owner has turned the water back on, the meter will be locked or removed and a $50.00 reconnect fee will be assessed.
- Meter Tampering may result in additional legal action.